OKIETIME

Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Trick or Treat

Still recovering from Halloween. We had 325 trick or treaters come to our front door. The huge amount of kids and the financial outlay for the candy is starting to take the fun out of one of my favorite holidays. I went to Sam's Club this year and I bought 4 boxes of 100 tootsie pops/jolly rancher pops each. The remaining 75 pops went to school and the kids sold them with a club bakesale. I just took the carved pumpkins around back to put in the composter. We had orange and purple lights and 4 very large pumpkins. I forgot to take a picture.

2 comments:

suchprettycolors said...

wow, that's a lot of kids! I love to see all of their costumes, though. My son is 3, and we took him trick-or-treating at the Zoo and at gramma's plus he went out a bit very early on Halloween...so we gave out most of his candy to the kids who came to our door. He didn't need so much, and we saved some dough. :D

pupperwupper said...

I guess I made it(Halloween) sound dreadful, in retrospect it's a lot of fun. Lots of good costumes, everyone in the neighborhood out and walking around, or even driving a golf cart in one case. The extremly nice but wacky neighbors across the street give out full size Hershey bars. Yes, 300 plus!Everyone decorates like mad here, almost as many lights as Christmas! With a three year old you have lots of fun to look forward to in the years to come. My daughter is 13 and expects a top flight handmade costume every year due to being spoiled early on. What to be next year....?

On to Thanksgiving! Christmas? Oh, my!

pupperwupper