OKIETIME

Sunday, August 19, 2007

Tropical Depression Erin

Suddenly a forecast of "chance of showers" becomes over a foot of rain in some places!!! The next thing I buy is going to be a couple of those special auto safety hammers, that break out the car window and/or cut the seat belts, to use if I am in a wreck and lose the power windows. I was looking at them a couple of weeks ago and I didn't order them. Earlier in the summer two girls had to be rescued from their car about a mile from my house and I figured it could just as well have been me. Even if you are careful you can find your self in the wrong place at the wrong time. This past weekend we had the crazy inland tropical storm Erin, so I am getting one for each car. This storm was extremely rare, it's not everyday that central Oklahoma has a tropical storm rotating round and round dumping hurricane amounts of rain, but we do have flash floods frequently. Three women drowned in their mini-van Sunday morning after it was swept off the road, I bet they couldn't get out. If you can get out of the vehicle at least you have a chance of surviving a catastrophe.

No comments: